Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shopping ... Fun??

Who-da-thunk-it!  Me, one who absolutely hated clothes shopping, went clothes shopping last night and had fun!

Could the 90 pounds of weight I have lost have something to do with it?  ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY!!  I was able to shop in an area of clothes that I haven't even given a second look to in over 10 years.  They have such cute stuff in the non-fat-woman section.  I got two pairs of jeans and four tops.

When I entered the store, I headed directly to the fat-woman section because it's engrained in my mind that I belong there.  I haven't belonged in the non-fat-woman section for such a long time.  When I did enter the non-fat-woman section, it felt pretty strange.  I half expected someone to come up to me and say "you should look in the other section for clothes that are more your size".  But they didn't.  Nobody even gave me a second look and, trust me, I was watching.

I have to tell you, it was one of the best times I've had shopping for clothes.  I used dread having to choose between one gaudy flowered shirt over that other gaudy flowered shirt.  Why is it that they put the same patterns on the clothes for larger women?  I never understood that.  Do we all want to look like flower patches or something?  I must've missed that memo.  Needless to say, I am thrilled that I am now able to shop in the cute clothes section with all the pretty colors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Wow - 90 pounds!!! Awesome!

Jen (gum2bear)

Sheila said...

Totally understand. Even though I'm at that in-between section, where I can still buy 1x in the woman's world, but can slide into a reg. size 16. I did that the other day too. Went right for grandma land (what IS up with all the blousy flower ugly prints for the plus sizes?) and finally took a trip into regular land. And it felt really good!