Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Down, One to Go

I am now down to ONE blood pressure med!  I am so excited too.  It's one of the main reasons I had weight loss surgery -- to get off all my prescription meds!  Today, it happened.  YAY!!!

I have been having dizzy spells over the past four or five days so I called my PCP last night.  They said I should go in to be checked out to rule out dehydration and a virus that is going around.  Well, I went in this morning and my PCP did a laying down blood pressure, a sitting up blood pressure and then a standing blood pressure.  My sitting up blood pressure went down and I had a dizzy spell when I sat up.  I'm so glad I had one while in the office and that the numbers matched what was happening.  He also ruled out the virus and dehydration.

It was then that my PCP said stop taking one of the meds!  Just one to go.  I am hoping that over the next few months that one will be gone too.  I'm doing a happy dance!


**One more happy thing that happened to me over the weekend.  I tried on a pair of misses size 18 jeans and....they fit!!  I had tried on these exact same jeans about a month and a half ago and couldn't get them buttoned or zipped.  Now, they fit.  And it's a size without a "W" after the number.  How strange does that feel?  I haven't worn a size without a "W" after it in a very long time; so many years that I can't remember when.

3 comments:

FreeJulie said...

What a wonderful update! Congratulations to you on both the Rx and the jeans fronts!

gum2bear said...

Great News!!!

Rain said...

Big Congrats on both fronts!