Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Not So Wonderful World of Stalls


I've hit a stall.

For the last week and a half I've stayed at the same weight.  The scale doesn't want to budge.  To say it's frustrating is an understatement.  I haven't had a stall since about week 3-4 post op.  That one lasted a couple of weeks.  I hope that this one ends sooner rather than later because its aggravating not seeing the scale move at all.  I want to lose these last 9 pounds to hit the 100 pound loss mark, so enough already.  Why did the stall have to pick NOW to kick in (?)  :)

As I said, I've stalled before, so I won't panic too much.  I know it will pass and before I know it, I will pass the 100 pound loss and then some.  But maybe a little bit of whining will push it along (??)  *LOL*

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh complain away, I hear ya! I stalled so long and hard in Feb. that I lost exactly 2lbs. IN ONE MONTH, and I'm only 4 months post-op. So vent and whine because STALLS DO SUCK!

*Christie* said...

I hear you too! I stalled SO majorly at that point. I hit -90lbs around 5 months post op and didn't hit my -100 until 8 months post op... and now at 10 months post op I've only lost a few more. I freaked out SO much at first but now I realize I am living a healthy lifestyle, still losing although slowly, and my life keeps getting better. I do want to try and rev things up but I have a lot of obstacles so I am just trying to be happy with how far I've come ;)
Hang in there, you are doing GREAT! Stalls suck but think of it this way, you are not gaining! We have to lose our weight and then learn to maintain for the rest of our lives. So the art of maintaining is important!