Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Will I Get Too Skinny?

My youngest son, who is nine, asked me a question this morning.  He asked me how I would stop losing weight when I needed to.  He pictured me getting so skinny that my insides would show through my skin.  (It's interesting hearing the ideas that little ones get.)

I tried my best to explain that the amount I eat will balance out when I get to the right size.  I told him that right now, I'm losing weight because the amount I eat now isn't enough to keep my body the same size.  When I get smaller, the same amount will be just enough so I will stop losing.

After we talked, I asked if he understood what I meant.  He said he did and was visibly thrilled that I wouldn't end up being skin and bones with my insides showing.  I hope that I quelled his fears.  The last thing I want to do is make him worry about me.  I'll follow up with him in a couple of days just to make sure.

1 comment:

gum2bear said...

That's funny - my 9 year old asked me the same question yesterday! It's funny what they think about.

Jen (gum2bear from ThinnerTimes!)