Monday, January 24, 2011

A Few Overdue Updates

I had my three month post-op check on January 13th.  Everything was fine; all vitamin levels were within acceptable limits.  They also stated that I've lost 50% of my excess weight (Yay!).    It felt really good getting on the scale at the surgeon's office and finding out that my scale at home is spot on.

Zumba class is going well.  New routines are a little difficult to adjust to, but I'm sure with practice I'll get there.  I'm not the most graceful Zumba participant but it's good exercise and I'm enjoying it.
Sadly, hair is starting to fall out.  I'm doing my best to delay the side effect.  Regular shedding is the best way to describe it.  It is NOT a whole lot of hair at once (i.e. clumps) like many others experience.  Mine is a bit more than normal brushing causes.  I am now taking Biotin supplements to hopefully slow the progress and I'm also concentrating on getting my proteins in each day.  If it happens more, it happens.  That's a regular part of the process of this GBS surgery.  And the hair will grow back.

Que sera sera.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Congrats on 50% ...that is wonderful! I too was to have my 3 month appt. on the 13th but due to an issue at the dr. office it is now in Feb. Oh well. I am dreading the "shed" but have been taking biotin since Sept 2010, hoping that will help. It hasn't started yet, so we'll see what happens. Sounds like your visit was positive, and the first months are the hardest, so glad those are done wtih!