Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, Same Resolution

Yes, I start 2011 with the same resolution I made midway through last year -- to lose this excess weight.  I am more than confident that this year will be my last to make that resolution!  It will be an excellent year becoming thinner and fit.

I have my GBS tool to help control the food intake and my mind is accepting that my body must move to get the weight off.  I hope to hit the 100 pound weight loss by early Spring.  That is my short term goal.  I'm taking it in short term goals for now.  It's getting easier and the weight is coming off regularly so I'll stick to the short term goals.

My three month GBS post op appointment is next week.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the 100 mile trip will be snowstorm free.  I have to get my HUGE blood work panel done before the appointment.  The panel checks all my vitamin levels.  Not looking forward to that.  Last time it consisted of at least eight vials of blood.  I really dislike getting blood drawn.

Eating issues I've had recently seem to be getting better.  I'm having less nausea when I eat finally.  I'm also making a concerted effort to drink lots more water so maybe that's helping.


I had my birth control procedure done a couple of days before the new year and the post-op check today indicates everything looks good.  I will have a follow up at three months to make sure it 'took'.  The doctor is confident I will have no problems.  One less thing to worry about :)

1 comment:

Jennee said...

I had my 3 month today also - no blood, they don't do it at 3m b/c it won't be accurate . . . or so they say! lol.

How'd it go?