Monday, January 31, 2011

Meats vs. My Pouch

My pouch seems to have an aversion to meats lately.  A couple of weeks ago it was chicken.  Now, it's beef.

I made beef stew over the weekend.  I cooked the meat until it was falling apart so I figured it was fine for me.  Sadly, the beef stew was fine as long as I didn't eat the beef.  I used to enjoy beef stew, especially on these cold winter days.  It's a nice comfort food that warms you from the inside out.  That is unless you have a freakin' temperamental pouch that doesn't seem to like meat.  So my guys thoroughly enjoyed the stew while I picked and pecked at the veggies.  I am considering supplementing with protein shakes for a while.  I am worried that I'm not getting the protein my body needs.  One can't live on beans and hamburger alone.  Hamburger seems to be the only beef (meat) that my pouch doesn't reject.  And I'm sick of hamburger right about now.  Meatloaf, chili, meat sauce for spaghetti, taco filling -- it's all getting old and very blah!

1 comment:

Rain said...

I feel for you. Meats are the same way for me. I can have chicken for dinner and be fine, then have the same chicken for lunch and throw it up.

Usually I can have the 'lean cuisine' meatloaf for lunch no problem as it's pretty moist but the last 2 times I had it could only eat about an ounce before I just couldn't eat it anymore.

I love meat... I'm not enjoying this turn.