Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Temperamental Pouch

Yes, my pouch is temperamental.  It likes certain foods one day, but the next day, it rejects them.

I've had some problems with different foods, so it's not like it's one thing only.  Last night it was fish.  I attempted to eat dinner, and my pouch decided to reject it.  I spent about 5 minutes after eating 2-3 bites, in the bathroom throwing it up.

I had looked up causes for this and found that apparently my body is used to producing a certain amount of mucus to coincide with the amount of food I used to eat.  And now, whatever doesn't get used as I eat, builds up in my esophagus.  And that build up does not agree with my pouch because it doesn't allow food in.  This is supposed to decrease as time goes on.  My pouch is hoping that time goes by quickly. :)

So my beautiful baked fish was enjoyed by my sons, but not by me.  :(  I will try it again because I love fish.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Just a note to tell you I am reading your blog. In January I will be two years out from RNY. It has been a wonderful journey and I wish you all the luck in yours.