Tuesday, December 14, 2010

GBS & Birth Control

Unbeknownst to me, my form of birth control is not ideal after one has had gastric bypass surgery.  My surgeon never mentioned the possibility of my body not absorbing the birth control pill after surgery.  And he knew I was on the pill because he said I should wait to resume the pill until 30 days after surgery.  Imagine my surprise when I found this out.  The last thing I want is a surprise bonus baby in my early 40's.  I will be discussing this with their office when I return for my 3 month post op appointment in January.

So over the past month, I've been meeting with my OB/Gyn regarding another form of birth control; a permanent kind.  I am now scheduled for the procedure later this month.  This permanent birth control will solve my problems with malabsorption of the pill and will pretty much guarantee I do not have a bonus baby.  I should have had this done years ago when I knew that two children was enough for me, but for some reason I wasn't ready to close the door. Well, I'm ready to close the door now.  In fact I'm ready to close the door, lock it, dead bolt it, and barricade the damned door shut.

1 comment:

Jennee said...

I have an IUD - got it right after I had my daughter so it has been easy since surgery. I'd hate to think of taking another pill - I'd forget that also!!

Best wishes to you!

Jenny
(Saw your link on TT forum)