Monday, December 13, 2010

The Scale is my Friend?

Who-da-thunk-it?  Me...saying the scale is my friend?  For many, many years he was my foe (yes, my scale is a 'he').  I hated the scale; probably because he was always truthful to me - he never lied and said I looked great even tho' I was carrying so much weight.  He just told me what I didn't want to hear -- that I was fat, weighed a lot and was gaining even while dieting. *sigh*

But now, I've seen a different perspective of my truthful former foe.  My former foe is now telling me that my weight is coming off.  So I guess that would make the scale my new friend.  I even look forward to stepping on him from time to time.  Imagine that, looking forward to being weighed (?)

Perhaps he is my fair weather friend - you know like those guys who watch football games and their team is losing and they say "they suck", "I hate this team", but then when they are winning they say "they're so great", "this will always be my team".  Yes, I think that's more like it.  The scale is my current fair weather friend.  I dread the day that I gain but even more, I will have pity on my new friend the scale for more than likely, I'll take it out on him. *hehe*

No comments: